Did you like watching ballet shows when you were a young girl and dream of taking part in its fairy tails? Will it is never late, you still can make your dream come true whatever your age is. Adult ballet classes aren’t a new thing they have been out for years, but unfortunately, not many people know about them.
Many people who have been practicing it for a while have come obsessed with it, it changes their mood and gives them more confidence in themselves. If you want to watch out for your health but you hate working out, ballet is the solution for you, of course, it will not help you losing weight but it will fix your shape and give you some lovely curves.
Adult ballet is not only for women, many men have also been practicing and it has a great influence on them. You don’t need to learn difficult techniques, spread your legs or stand on one foot. You only need to commit to a thing that will change your life for the better, as many women had.
If you thinking it is hard or afraid of making a fool of yourself in classes, don’t worry. It is all about having fun and makes new friends, just let it go.
But before you start here are 7 tips for adult ballet classes for beginners you need to follow
1. Pick comfortable clothes to practice in, you are not a student that forced into wearing special clothes, or you want to be a professional. You just need something to feel good in, it might be baggy shorts or wide pants and a t-shirt or even a long dress.
If you feel conscious about how you look in class just don’t look in the mirrors and don’t pay attention to that try, to get along and make new friends or pay more attention to your moves and where your legs are. You practice ballet to have fun, improve your mood, be fit and have a good shape.
2. Always pay attention to what your teachers saying, it will be hard in the first because of the phrases and terms they use, so it is better to learn them earlier before you head to classes.
Don’t mind to other people around you whether they doing good or bad, it will distract you and you won’t be able to do things right so just work slowly and concentrate and don’t be ashamed of asking your teacher.
3. Review the person who will teach you, it is really important to have an encouraging teacher a person who makes you eager to learn more, not making fun of you or mocking about your moves as a beginner. You also need a teacher who gives you constructive criticism, not a transcendental person who make things more difficult for you.
4. Things can be frustrating and that is the difference between learning ballet as an adult and a child. Children start ballet classes by just playing around with tutus and jump over Scarves, but as an adult, you know that you have to do more effort, you need to practice regularly at your home and give away all your energy and concentration while being in class.
There is no need for being worried, this not about participating in the Nutcracker show just have fun and concentrate on having a good change in your life.
Don’t worry about what it is supposed to look like, starting with any new thing is hard. If you making a cake for the first time it won’t taste like when you make it for the third time, so don’t pay attention to how advanced the people around you or what they are doing.
5. Make sure you warm before ballet classes if you just started the class with cold muscles you won’t be able to pay attention to what the teacher says, the pain that you will start suffering from is all that matters at this moment.
You can come to the class 15 minutes earlier start with some stretches or jogging around, in this video you can learn some fast and easy stretches to warm your muscles and have a good day of adult ballet exercises.
6. Don’t push through it, if something hurts you during exercises don’t be hard on yourself. You just having fun not practicing for your professional career. You can tell the teacher if anything hurts you and you need to keep things slow a little bit, that is why it’s important to have an understanding teacher.
7. Just enjoy it, you practicing ballet to have fun and improve your mood. It really helps to tone your muscle and your body shape, so enjoy the moves, listen to the lovely music and make some friends. If you don’t enjoy ballet it will be like any other annoying exercise that you hate.